Mission of the Month
Each month Faith Lutheran Church highlights one of it’s Social Ministries in worship and in our publications. Members and friends have the opportunity to give to that Ministry, with the Special Mission Offering envelopes in the pew, or on-line through our website.DONATE
August 2017 – Bridges to Independence
Bridges to Independence (“Bridges”), formerly the Arlington-Alexandria Coalition for the Homeless, is a nonprofit organization providing shelter and support for homeless families and those at risk of becoming homeless. Bridges’ goal is to end the cycle of intergenerational poverty by providing people with the skills and resources they need to lift themselves out of poverty and achieve financial stability and self-sufficiency.
You can give to the mission of the month by using the special mission offering envelopes in the pews, online at www.flcva.org, or on your phone using the GivePlus Church app (available in the App Store or Google Play). You may also support Bridges by donating the following items: diapers and wipes; nonperishable food; garbage bags; high efficiency (HE) laundry detergent; cleaning supplies; toilet paper; paper towels; full-size toiletries; gift cards to Giant, Shoppers, Safeway or Target; and metro SmarTrip cards.
If you would like more information about Bridges, you may contact FLCVA member Kris Finney, or you can check out the Bridges website at bridges2.org.
Faith’s 2017 Mission Lineup:
- January Mexico Scholarship Fund
- February Arlington Food Assistance Center
- March ELCA World Hunger
- April Arlington Foster Care
- May Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
- June Arlington Free Clinic
- July Dr. Mendoza’s Clinic
- August Bridges to Independence
- September Village of Hope (Haiti)
- October Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR)
- November Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN)
- December Angel Trees (organizations TBD)